Monday, June 13, 2011

THINK BEFORE YOU EAT


Last week I found this bike parked in front of the Walnut Cafe. "Think Before you Eat," what a great bumper-bike-sticker. How often have I been so ravenously hungry that I just tear through the whole kitchen snacking on a bit of this and a bit of that until my stomach is sufficed? Probably more than I should. To fight back on the urge of extreme-acute hunger (normally found right after stepping into the kitchen after a long run) here's what I do.
1. Have a plan- "I'm going to have an omelet and toast"    
2. Drink a big glass of cold milk- Milk has just enough calories to hold me over until the toast has popped and the omelet's stuffed. Plus liquids are good at making the stomach feel momentarily full. 

Think before you eat! Bon appetite! 

No comments:

Post a Comment