Sunday, June 19, 2011

My Macho, Nacho Father

Growing up I was messy child- chocolate goo smeared on the fridge, flour sprinkled in the kitchen drawers- I left every drawer open- and egg whites shinned the hardwood floor.-Just a quick description of the kitchen without going into detail of what it looked like after I had been in there. However I was fortunate enough to have a patient, tolerable father who followed me around with a sponge complaint-less. And would swallow down any half baked, malformed treat I cooked up. 

As I got older (and cleanlier) most of my kitchen memories consisted of slapping my father’s hand to save my food from the “human vacuum cleaner”.  However, still to this day there is one thing my father can build in the kitchen that has been dubbed the status of “World Famous.” A creation so simple, but so complete that after long days of skiing I’d beg for. After mountains of homework never failed to put a smile on my face. My father’s “World Famous Nachos”:

Chips
Re-fried Beans
Corn
Olives
Cheese
And maybe some Chicken

The ingredients are simple staples, which makes building the nachos ever easier. Place chips on a plate, spoon some re-fried beans over, throw on some corn and olives. Look in the fridge for some chicken to cut up and put on. Sprinkle cheese and nuke in the microwave. Bam! Ready to eat!

With my Dad in mind, I made a giant plate of nachos last night! Accompanied by a tall glass of milk too!


Happy Fathers Day! I love you Dad! 

No comments:

Post a Comment