Thursday, March 17, 2011

Waffels

Track season is upon us, and for me that mean it's time to play in the water. It's steeple time! Because the track can get so crowded in the afternoon- each of my teammates doing a different workout- and because the men's steeple barrier is at a higher height, Emma and I have elected to do our workout in the morning.
Spiked and psyched at nine! (That means you've done your 3 mile warm up, stretched, gone to the bathroom and put your shoes on before nine)
8 x [300 meters flat, 300 meters with barriers and the water jump]. Woo! Let me tell you it looked a lot easier written down in Coach Wetmore notebook than it actually was!

After defying death, Emma and I untied our steeple spikes and put on our training shoes. We shared and mentally indulged in the breakfasts we were going to have. Emma was planning for decadent peanut-butter french toast with caramelized bananas and I had chocolate on the mind. Maybe a giant stack of pancakes or waffles I could put chocolate-chips in.

As I finished my cool down and entered my back yard I could see my boyfriend Steve through the kitchen window. "What is Steve doing lurking in my kitchen!!"  To my extreme excitement, I found him making waffles for me!



I might have rushed through my stretches due to the hypnotically incising aromas coming from the kitchen. Once I had the steaming plate of waffles in my little paws, I smothered them in peanut-butter and topped them with coconut and chocolate-chips! Yum! Nothing like a few calories to get you ready for the next run in a couple hours!

1 comment: