Monday, May 23, 2011

Too Many Cows in the Kitchen!

Any six-year-old can the name element 20 on the periodic table that runners use to fight and prevent the evils of stress fractures (aka build strong bones). However, be cautioned that the most common way to consume this mineral might result in a white mustache above your upper lip.  Milk! (calcium) 
In a house with seven runners, cartons and gallon jugs of milk can clog up our refrigerator. But I’m not complaining.  Why? Because I like to bake! And whenever milk is called for I’m certain I can find some expired milk hiding in the back corner of the fridge. This morning as luck would have it I was able to find two cup of milk that expired the first of May! Perfect for my waffles!



Wunners Waffles:
2 eggs
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 3/4 cups milk
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 tablespoon white sugar
4 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract








Steve enjoying a generous helping of peanut-butter-granola waffles!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment